Alberti 154 Reserva 2015 Malbec DOC Lujan de Cuyo
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Named Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- DOC Luján de Cuyo is one of only two certified viticultural areas in Argentina.
- It was originally certified in 1989 and is limited to 144 square miles.
- The vineyards must be of traditional old-vine vertical trellis, originally planted in the area.
- Vineyard plant density must be between 1822 to 2227 plants per acre.
- The vines must be pruned in the Guyot system and irrigated via snow melt run-off.
- Maximum grape yields must be at or below 2.5 tons an acre.
- The blend must be at least 85% Malbec.
- The wine must age 12 months in barrels and at least 12 months in bottle. It must be estate bottled.
- Two vineyard sites: Mayor Drummond (70 years old) and Chacras de Coria (102 years old).
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Malbec
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Lujan de Cuyo DOC
Elaboration: Hand harvested grapes. Made with gravity flow in the winery. Unfined and unfiltered.
Conservation: Aged 12 months in used French and American oak.
Winemaker: Ermisch & Guillermo Heras
Garnet black color. Bright, attractive, creamy aromas of berry buttercream, roasted nuts, and caramelized smoked bacon with a satiny, bright, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a smooth, amusing, medium-length caramel apple, delicate spice, toffee, and cedar finish with fine, silky tannins and light oak. An attractively juicy and easy drinking Malbec that is sure to please. ~BTI
Production: 400 cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: g/l | Residual Sugar: g/l | pH:
PRESS & POINTS
2013 – 90 Points, Tim Atkin
2013 – 90 Points, Gold Medal, Best Buy – Beverage Testing Institute
2012 – 90 Points, Gold Medal, Best Buy – Beverage Testing Institute
2012 – 90 Points, Wine & Spirits
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.