El Olvidado 2017 Reserva Tempranillo
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Named Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Roughly half of Mendoza’s population is of Spanish descent, and over the years a number of Tempranillo vines have been planted in the region.
- This bottling, from an heirloom quality parral style vineyard in Altamira, is packed with lush cherry and raspberry fruit.
- A long growing season, very cold nights and low yields helped create a wine that is extremely concentrated, parral vineyard. 70 year old vines.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Altamira
Elaboration: Fermented in concrete tanks and then aged 12 months with a combination of new and used American oak.
Winemaker: Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
“Medium color. Aromas and flavors of red fruit and herbs with a bright, dry light-to-medium body and a brisk finish with fruit tannins and a suggestions of oak. A simple red to serve with everyday fare.” – BTI, Beverage Testing Institute
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.0% | TA: 6.6 g/l | Residual Sugar: <.2 g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate
2015 – 91 Points, BTI
2014 – 91 Points, BTI, Best Buy
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.