El Olvidado 2017 Reserva Tempranillo
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Named Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Roughly half of Mendoza’s population is of Spanish descent, and over the years a number of Tempranillo vines have been planted in the region.
- This bottling, from an heirloom quality parral style vineyard in Altamira, is packed with lush cherry and raspberry fruit.
- A long growing season, very cold nights and low yields helped create a wine that is extremely concentrated, parral vineyard. 70 year old vines.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Altamira
Elaboration: Fermented in concrete tanks and then aged 12 months with a combination of new and used American oak.
Winemaker: Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
“Medium color. Aromas and flavors of red fruit and herbs with a bright, dry light-to-medium body and a brisk finish with fruit tannins and a suggestions of oak. A simple red to serve with everyday fare.” – BTI, Beverage Testing Institute
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.0% | TA: 6.6 g/l | Residual Sugar: <.2 g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate
2015 – 91 Points, BTI
2014 – 91 Points, BTI, Best Buy
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Alberti 154 2019 Malbec Reserva$17.99 Add to cart
Alberti 154 2017 Malbec DOC$18.99 Add to cart
Baja Tanga Sparkling Rosé$14.99 Add to cart
Ca’ De Calle 2017 Gran Reserva Red Blend$26.99 Add to cart
Dharma Reserva 2018 Bio-Dynamic Red Blend$21.99 Add to cart
El Necio 2017 Reserva Syrah$22.99 Add to cart
La Mano Derecha 2022 Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon$22.99 Add to cart
La Yunta 2022 Torrontés$12.99 Add to cart