Alberti 154 Reserva Malbec 2018
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist and original owner of Mendoza’s Los Andes newspaper.
- Named Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting natural wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- This Malbec comes from the highest quality viticultural areas around Mendoza. Cool nights refresh grapes and help maintain zesty, fresh fruit aromas. Warm days impart ripe berry flavors and generous soft tannins. This wine is rich and inviting with 12 months of oak aging.
- This wine also comes in 375ml half bottles and 20 L kegs to be served on tap.
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Lújan de Cuyo, and Uco Valley
Elaboration: Hand harvested, sustainably farmed grapes. Carefully sorted by hand, cluster by cluster. Gravity flow winemaking. Unfined and unfiltered. Low SO2 use, <35 ppm.
Conservation: 30% aged 12 months in French oak. 70% in concrete tanks.
Winemaker: Ermisch & Guillermo Heras
Garnet violet color. Aromas of roasted nuts, latte, and dried berries with a supple, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a zesty, chocolate citrus peel, bacon bits, and earth accented finish with fine chewy tannins. Excellent balance and flavor for a wide range of foods.
Production: 12,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.1% | TA: 5.25 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1.96 g/l | pH: 3.8
PRESS & POINTS
2015 – 90 Points, Tim Atkin
2014 – 91 Points, Andreas Larsson, THE BLIND TASTING HERE
2014 – 90 Points, World Value Wine Challenge -Tastings Magazine, Gold Medal, Best Buy
2012 – 91 Points, James Suckling
2012 – 91 Points “Best Buy”, “Exceptional: – Beverage Tasting Institute
2010 – 88 Points, “Excellent Value,” – Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2010 – “Wine Pick of the Week” – Seattle Times
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.