Baja Tanga Sparkling Rosé
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Named Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Baja Tanga was created with Argentina’s iconic boliches (nightclubs) in mind, and is made up of Malbec, Chenin Blanc, and Torrontes.
- Outside of nightclub settings it also pairs well with a broad array of both sweet and savory foods.
Vintage: NV | Wine Type: Sparkling Rosé
Varietal: 95% Chenin Blanc, 4% Torrontes, and 1% Malbec
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Mendoza
Elaboration: Stainless steel fermentation and aging. Similar to wines produced in Italy’s Prosecco DOC, Baja Tanga is carbonated in tank, as secondary fermentation in bottle would mean extended aging in cellar, robbing the wine of its signature freshness.
Winemaker: Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
Heady aromas of pomegranate, fig, and rose petals with racy acidity and full-bodied, mouth filling flavors of creamy white chocolate and strawberries. Baja Tanga delivers every sip of the way.
Production: 800 cases | Alcohol: 11% | TA: g/l |Residual Sugar: g/l | pH:
PRESS & POINTS
Silver Medal – BTI 2013 World Wine Championship
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock