Ca De Calle Gran Reserva 2017 Red Blend
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Ms. Elvira Calle, a famous local businesswoman, owner of Mendoza’s regional newspaper, Los Andes and a dedicated philanthropist.
- Named Ca de Calle to commemorate Ms. Calle’s contributions to the project and her shared goal of revitalizing the historic winery and its original goal of employing the local community in its pursuit in making top quality wines.
About the Wine
- Our aim for this wine is to combine the different facets of Mendoza’s great appellations in a standalone bottling. We source fruit from the best old vine sources in Lujan and some of the best cool climate fruit in Uco Valley, particularly Altamira and San Carlos.
- This is a very labor intensive wine from vineyard to cellar. All vineyards are farmed without use of pesticides or herbicides. Weeds are hand-hoed. Then at harvest, fruit is hand picked, hand sorted, made with gravity flow and fermented with native yeasts. It is then 100% cellared in fine French and American oak barrels in our underground cellar.
- Later, as we taste every barrel, we decide our best lots and an assemblage is made using those best lots. We focus on quality over blend consistency or volume. So each vintage’s blend can be completely different every year.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Blend (65% Malbec, 12% Petit Verdot, 10% Bonarda, 8% Cab Sauv, 5% Syrah)
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Perdriel, La Consulta, and Altamira, Mendoza
Elaboration: Hand harvested from top parcels of organically farmed grapes. Carefully sorted. Cellar work using gravity flow. All lots kept separate until final blend is determined. Aged 12 months in French oak barrels.
Winemaker: C. Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
Dark purple color. Forward nose of toasty plums, black cherry, and lilac flowers. On the palate the wine is rich and full, with layers of berry flavors and a hint of bittersweet chocolate. Finishes soft with balancing acidity.
Production: 600 cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 5.2 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1.2 g/l | pH: 3.65
Press & Points
2017 – 91 Points, Wine Advocate
2015 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate
2013 – Decanter, “Highly Recommended”
2013 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate
2013 – Gold Medal, Malbec al Mundo, 2015
2012 – 91 Points, Tim Atkin
2011 – 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2011 – Grand Gold Medal (Double Gold) 96 Points, World Malbec Competition
2011 – 92 Points, “Exceptional,” Beverage Tasting Institute
2010 – 90 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.