Dharma Reserva 2015 Organic Petit Verdot Blend
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Named Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Dharma is all about the natural essence of wine made with the most natural processes possible. The grapes are organic and bio-dynamically farmed.
- The winery is organically certified and all grapes are delivered to the tanks via gravity and fermented with native yeast.
- The wine is vegan in that no animal products were used in any part of the winemaking process. GMO free. Single Vineyard.
- Co-fermented with 5% Malbec. The wine was meticulously cellared for 12 months in first and second use french oak barrels then blended and bottled. Aged one year before release.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 30% Merlot / 65% Petit Verdot / 5% Malbec
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Single Vineyard, Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza
Elaboration: Destemmed and delivered to concrete fermentation tanks via gravity. Pumped over 2 times a day, delestage at middle of fermentation. Petit Verdot cofermented with 5% Malbec. Merlot fermented separately and blended in to soften Petit Verdot and add plummy fruit.
Conservation: Hand harvested. Made with gravity flow in the winery. Unfined and unfiltered. Aged in 2nd and 3rd use French oak for 12 months.
Winemaker: Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
Dark garnet rim and opaque body come across with ripe blackberry, black cherry and plum notes, tar, rubber and pencil lead, yielding to grippy tannins and mouth coating persistence.
Production: 400 cases | Alcohol: 14.1% | TA: 5.17 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.25 g/l | pH: 3.8
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 91 Points, Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.