Dharma Reserva 2018 Bio-Dynamic Red Blend
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist and the original owner of Mendoza’s Los Andes newspaper.
- The original brand was named ‘Alberti 154′ as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic zone named Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Dharma is all about the natural essence of wine made with the most natural processes possible. The grapes are organic and bio-dynamically farmed.
- The winery is organically certified and all grapes are delivered to the tanks via gravity and fermented with native yeast.
- The wine is vegan in that no animal products were used in any part of the winemaking process. GMO free. Single Vineyard.
- The wine was meticulously cellared for 12 months in second and third use French oak barrels then blended and bottled. Aged at least one year before release.
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 50% Malbec / 50% Cabernet Franc
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Single Vineyard, La Consulta, Uco Valley, Mendoza
Elaboration: Destemmed and delivered to concrete fermentation tanks via gravity. Pumped over 2 times a day, delestage at middle of fermentation.
Conservation: Hand harvested. Made with gravity flow in the winery. Unfined and unfiltered. Aged in 2nd and 3rd use French oak for 12 months.
Winemaker: C. Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
Production: 1000 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 5.17 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.25 g/l | pH: 3.8
PRESS & POINTS
2018 – 92 Points, Tim Atkin, Master of Wine
2017 – 91 Points, Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock