Enzo Boglietti 2017 Tiglineri Dolcetto D'Alba
- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you’ll come across in Piemonte – Visit his winery during harvest and you will find new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg, to barrique.
ABOUT THE WINE
- A “Cru” Dolcetto, from vineyards boasting 70-100 year old plant material. Sourced from estate vineyards in Dogliani and Monforte (for power) and La Morra (for perfume).
- Many critics call this the finest Dolcetto in Piedmont in terms of natural power and length. Keep a keen eye out for occasional library releases.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: D’Alba DOC
Elaboration: Grapes are sustainably farmed, picked by hand, and fermented with native yeasts. Aged in used French barrels for 9 months then returned to tank for 30 days prior to bottling to integrate flavors. Soil is clay and limestone with brown marl under shallow topsoil.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
Elegant, intense and fruity bouquet with notes of black cherry and blackberries. A fruit-driven, concentrated yet balanced Dolcetto with some spice and fine grained tannins that will allow it to age gracefully.
Production: 5,800 cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 6.32 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1.7 g/l | pH: 3.40
PRESS & POINTS
Not Yet Rated
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.