Enzo Boglietti 2019 Dolcetto D’Alba
- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you’ll come across in Piemonte – Visit his winery during harvest and you will find new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg, to barrique.
ABOUT THE WINE
- This, Enzo’s Dolcetto “normale,” stands out amongst its peers with unusually sturdy structure thanks to fruit sourced from his sites in Monforte and Roddino…La Morra fruit sourced from vines that straddle the winery adds plenty of the pretty floral notes this varietal is famous for.
- While most people end up drinking Dolcetto upon release, this example ages remarkably well and continues to develop over 5-7 years – A statement affirmed by the cages of back vintages sleeping away in Enzo’s cellar awaiting library release.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: D’Alba DOC
Elaboration: 50% aged in used French barrels for 9 months, 50% in stainless steel then blended for 30 days prior to bottling to integrate flavors. Slightly alkaline soils of clay and sand.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
A superb, full-bodied Dolcetto, with vivid fruit, earthy and savory notes and ripe tannins that will allow it to age gracefully.
Production: 1,650 cases | Alcohol: 13.1% | TA: 5.48 | Residual Sugar: 1.3 g/l | pH: 3.51
PRESS & POINTS
Not Yet Rated
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.