Enzo Boglietti 2017 Langhe Nebbiolo
- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you’ll come across in Piemonte – Visit his winery during harvest and you will find new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg, to barrique.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Enzo’s Langhe Nebbiolo is declassified Barolo from La Morra with a bit of high altitude Roddino fruit judiciously added for extra structure.
- As is the case with his other “normale” releases, here we get a naked look at the varietal with admirable intensity and detail.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Langhe DOC
Elaboration: Sustainably farmed, picked by hand, and fermented with native yeasts. Aged in used French barrels for 9 months then returned to tank for 30 days prior to bottling to integrate flavors. Soil is a mix of clay and limestone, with a higher content of sand than surrounding appellations.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
Intense spicy and floral nose with some black fruit. Full-bodied, elegant and spicy, with ripe tannins, great balance and with a pleasant, long finish.
Production: 1,650 cases | Alcohol: 13.9% | TA: | Residual Sugar: g/l | pH:
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
- Enzo Boglietti
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Tiglineri Old-Vine Dolcetto D’Alba$25.99 Add to cart