Enzo Boglietti 2016 Barbera D'Alba DOC
- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you’ll come across in Piemonte – Visit his winery during harvest and you will find new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg, to barrique.
ABOUT THE WINE
- You’ll be hard pressed to find a more textbook example of Barbera than this one, sourced from Enzo’s holdings in Sinio, Roddino, and La Morra.
- Regardless of vintage, this wine always screams from the glass with intense berry aromas/flavors backed up by laser-beam acid. Aging in neutral wood keeps things transparent and pure.
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: D’Alba DOC
Elaboration: Aged in used French barrels for 9 months, then returned to tank for 30 days prior to bottling to integrate flavors. Soil is limestone and clay with crushed stone and sand.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
Intense and complex bouquet. Floral, fruity with lightly perceivable oak. Full bodied, ripe and savory with vibrant acidity. It is true to its promise with good longevity.
Production: 2,300 cases | Alcohol: 14.0% | TA: | Residual Sugar: | pH:
PRESS & POINTS
2013 – 91 Points, James Suckling
2010 – 92 Points, Wine Spectator
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
- Enzo Boglietti
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Tiglineri Old-Vine Dolcetto D’Alba$25.99 Add to cart