Enzo Boglietti 2015 Fossati Barolo
- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you’ll come across in Piemonte – Visit his winery during harvest and you will find new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg, to barrique.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Enzo owns most of this remarkable east-facing Cru, which sits just southwest of its more famous neighbor, Brunate, descending down towards Sarmassa. Fossati is easily identifiable when looking up from the valley by the ruins that lay in the center of the vineyard, which were the residence of Enzo’s ancestors for several centuries.
- Fossati is an interesting Cru as wines made from this site move into savory/spicy secondary aromas quickly each vintage (as soon as a year post-bottling!) but stay there for decades without falling off. The experience tasting ten and fifteen year old vintages of Fossati with Enzo is a revelatory exercise in proving this point.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Barolo DOCG
Elaboration: Sustainably farmed, hand picked and fermented with native yeast. 70% new French, 30% used French oak barrels for 15 months. Blended and aged in used large French oak casks for an additional 15 months. Soil is light red marl, limestone with large rocky patches. Very hard to work.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
Intense bright ruby color with an orange hue. Intense complex bouquet with pungent and sweet spice, red fruit, violet, and dried fruit notes. A classy Barolo with a great balance of fruit and acidity and an intriguing spicy lengthy finish.
Production: 410 cases (6x750ml) | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 6.05 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.2 g/l | pH: 3.57
PRESS & POINTS
2014 – 92 Points, James Suckling
2013 – 93 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2008 – 92 Points, Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar
2007 – 94 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2007 – 93 Points, Wine Enthusiast
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
- Enzo Boglietti
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Tiglineri Old-Vine Dolcetto D’Alba$25.99 Add to cart