Enzo Boglietti 2017 Arione Barolo
- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you’ll come across in Piemonte – Visit his winery during harvest and you will find new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg, to barrique.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Sourced from the nine southernmost rows of vines in Arione, which is the southernmost Cru in Serralunga.
- In Enzo’s words, the vines of Arione produce his most “pinot-like” Barolo. He makes the point that there is a misconception that all Nebbiolo from Serralunga ends up masculine and sturdy – The more you move South towards Roddino the most finesse you end up with due to altitude change, and that finesse reaches its apex on this steep, high elevation site.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Barolo DOCG
Elaboration: Grapes are sustainably farmed, picked by hand, and fermented with native yeasts. 70% new French, 30% used French oak barrels for 15 months. Blended and aged in used large French oak casks for an additional 15 months. Soil is sandstone and clay with layers of grey marl.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
Very subtle and takes its time to reveal red fruit, tar and spice. Intense palate of fruit and spice with finely grained tannins. A superb expression of Barolo; complex and elegant.
Production: 150 cases (6x750ml) | Alcohol: 14.4% | TA: 5.90 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1.3 g/l | pH: 3.40 g/l
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 94 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate
2017 – 94 Points, James Suckling
2016 – 96 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate
2016 – 94 Points, Falstaff
2016 – 95 Points, Wine Spectator
2015 – 92 Points, Wine Enthusiast
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Enzo Boglietti 2016 Case Nere Barolo$99.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Brunate Barolo$99.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2016 Buio Blend$48.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Fossati Barolo$76.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Roscaleto Barbera D’ Alba$40.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2021 Barbera D’Alba DOC$26.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2019 Dolcetto D’Alba$22.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2021 Langhe Nebbiolo$30.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2018 Tiglineri Dolcetto D’Alba$28.99 Add to cart