Enzo Boglietti 2016 Boiolo Barolo
- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you’ll come across in Piemonte – Visit his winery during harvest and you will find new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg, to barrique.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Fruit comes from La Morra where the soil is silty sub-alkaline clay with very little organic matter. The high concentration of limestone lends great texture and warmth of aroma. Exposure is east to southeast at altitudes ranging from 300-350m.
- Aging potential: up to 12-15 years.
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Barolo DOCG Boiolo
Elaboration: Sustainably farmed, harvested by hand and fermented with native yeast. 20 days of fermentation at controlled temperature, plunged and pumped over daily with a further 60 days post fermentation maceration on skins. Matured for 2 years in used barriques.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
Bright ruby color, delicate bouquet of dried flowers and yellow stone fruits. The palate is round, extremely well-balanced, and enjoyable. The aftertaste is smooth with finely textured tannins.
Production: 308 cases (6x750mL) | Alcohol: 14% | TA: 5.82 g/L | Residual Sugar: 1.5 g/L | pH: 3.49
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 92 Points, James Suckling
2017 – 91 Points, Wine Advocate
2016 – 93 Points, James Suckling
2016 – 92 Points, Wine Spectator
2016 – 92 Points, Falstaff
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Arione Barolo$99.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2016 Case Nere Barolo$99.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2016 Buio Blend$48.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Fossati Barolo$76.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2017 Roscaleto Barbera D’ Alba$40.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2021 Barbera D’Alba DOC$26.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2019 Dolcetto D’Alba$22.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2021 Langhe Nebbiolo$30.99 Add to cart
Enzo Boglietti 2018 Tiglineri Dolcetto D’Alba$28.99 Add to cart