Dharma 2021 Orange
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic premium winery crossroads zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Dharma Orange is all about the quintessential essence of natural winemaking made using the most natural processes possible. The grapes are organically farmed using traditional methods dating back 200 years.
- The winery is organically certified and all grapes are delivered to the tanks via gravity and fermented with native yeast.
- The wine is vegan in that no animal products were used in any part of the winemaking process. GMO free. Single Vineyard. SO2 is kept at or below 30ppm.
- Co-fermented grapes, the wine was meticulously cellared on its skins in a concrete egg for 8 months before being bottled.
Vintage: 2021 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 80% Pedro Gimenez / 20% Moscatel
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Single Appellation, Tupungato, Mendoza
Elaboration: Hand picked and hand sorted. Destemmed and delivered to concrete fermentation tanks via gravity. The cap is gently submerged during ferment. Then it is left on its skins 8 months without needing SO2 because of the high level of anti-oxidants in the grape skins. After is has acquired an orange color and is slightly titanic, it is gently drained and pressed off, given a minimal SO2 addition and bottled fresh.
Winemakers: Kirk Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
Notes of honeyed melon and citrus with great length, a broad, rich mouth and a slightly dry finish from the firm tannins.
Production: 360 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 6.17 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.25 g/l | pH: 3.6
PRESS & POINTS
Not yet rated.
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Alberti 154 2019 Malbec Reserva$17.99 Add to cart
Alberti 154 2017 Malbec DOC$18.99 Add to cart
Baja Tanga Sparkling Rosé$14.99 Add to cart
Ca’ De Calle 2017 Gran Reserva Red Blend$26.99 Add to cart
El Necio 2017 Reserva Syrah$22.99 Add to cart
El Olvidado 2017 Reserva Tempranillo$22.99 Add to cart
La Mano Derecha 2022 Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon$22.99 Add to cart
La Yunta 2022 Torrontés$12.99 Add to cart