2018 Dharma Orange
- Christopher Ermisch was the original founder of Bodega Calle, along with Elvira Calle, a well-known local businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Alberti 154 as it is the address of the winery in the district of Lújan de Cuyo. Dating to 1925, it resides on what’s now on a residential street on the corner of 3 other founding wineries of this classic premium winery crossroads zone known as Drummond.
- A small-lot, gravity-flow, red wine production studio, Bodega Calle places great emphasis on gently crafting wines with regional distinction and grand personality.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Dharma Orange is all about the quintessential essence of natural winemaking made using the most natural processes possible. The grapes are organically farmed using traditional methods.
- The winery is organically certified and all grapes are delivered to the tanks via gravity and fermented with native yeast.
- The wine is vegan in that no animal products were used in any part of the winemaking process. GMO free. Single Vineyard. SO2 is kept at or below 30ppm.
- Co-fermented Torrontés, Semillon and Chardonnay, the wine was meticulously cellared in a concrete egg for 12 months before being bottled.
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 40% Semillon / 30% Torrontés / 30% Chardonnay
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Single Appellation, Tupungato, Mendoza
Elaboration: Destemmed and delivered to concrete fermentation tanks via gravity. Punched down over 2 times a day, with the cap submerged. Fermented on its skins 8 months.
Conservation: Hand harvested. Made with gravity flow in the winery. Unfined and unfiltered. Aged on its fine lees in a concrete egg for 12 months.
Winemaker: Kirk Ermisch and Guillermo Heras
Notes of melon and citrus with great length and a slightly dry finish from the tannins.
Production: 360 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 6.17 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.25 g/l | pH: 3.6
PRESS & POINTS
Not yet rated.
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.