- Enzo Boglietti established his winery in 1991 in the heart of La Morra after growing up farming grapes, tending dairy cows and making fine cheeses
with his father.
- Since then his holdings have grown to include 50 acres of single vineyard sites scattered across the Langhe.
- Enzo might well be the most open minded, progressive grower/vintner you'll come across in Piemonte - Visit his winery during harvest and you will find
new experiments around each corner, with carefully marked lots bubbling away in every vessel imaginable, from botti, to foudre, to concrete egg,
About the Wine
- A Boglietti family jewel, Roscaleto is sourced from a historic vineyard in La Morra that Enzo inherited from his uncle.
- While many growers would be tempted to replant this superb site with Nebbiolo to make (more expensive) Barolo, Enzo loves the brooding, exotic, finely
textured Barbera fruit Roscaleto produces each year.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Barbera DOC
Elaboration: Grapes are sustainably farmed, picked by hand, and fermented with native yeasts. 60% new French, 40% used French oak
barrels for 18 months. Soil is limestone and clay.
Winemaker: Enzo Boglietti
Intense bouquet of ripe black fruit with mineral, spicy notes. Already harmonic, with generous fruit, ripe tannins and good acidity that contribute to
a very pleasant and long aftertaste.
Production: 485 cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 6.87 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.5 g/l | pH: 3.53
Press & Points
2012 - 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2011 - 90 Points, Wine Spectator
2011 - 90 Points, Wine & Spirits
2007 - 90 Points, Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine