Guerrieri Rizzardi 2019 Valpolicella DOP Classico
- Guerrieri-Rizzardi, the historic house in Veneto, dates back to the unification of two ancient estates in 1913, when Carlo Rizzardi from Valpolicella, married Guiseppina Guerrieri of Bardolino.
- The new winery is completely solar powered, combining the best that technology offers in a carbon neutral way with vineyards that have been in the family for centuries.
- With the energy of the new younger generation in the family, Guerrieri-Rizzardi has experienced a renaissance of sorts over the last twenty years and is known throughout Europe as one of the finest, most classical producers in the region, with wines built on tension and “cut.”
ABOUT THE WINE
- “Classico” designated Valpolicella has been the exception rather than the norm since the region’s massive expansion in the 1970’s, with all vineyards approved for the zone situated with hillside exposure.
- Sourced from three “cru” vineyards (Pojega, Calcarole, and the monopole of Roverti) – This is a level of provenance unheard of for the price.
- Made in a timeless style that is hard to find nowadays – This bottling has always been about balance, with bright fruit and crunchy acid.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 40% Corvina, 40% Corvinone, 15% Merlot, 5% Rondinella
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Valpolicella Classico DOP
Elaboration: In the winery in Negar, the alcoholic fermentation and maceration of de-stemmed grapes is carried out over usually 10 days at temperature of 25°C. Kept in stainless steel 12 months before bottling.
Winemaker: Giuseppe Rizzardi
The Valpolicella displays the merits of this much heralded vintage, more full bodied than most years with a wealth of ripe, dark berried fruit, the wine is structured and vibrant with fine tannin, giving support and a lively freshness balancing the rich nature of the fruit.
Production: 2600 cases (12x750ml) | Alcohol: 13% | TA: 5.80 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1.2 g/l | pH: 3.36 g/l
PRESS & POINTS
2016 – 90 Points, Decanter Magazine
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.