Guerrieri Rizzardi 2017 Bardolino Classico
- Guerrieri-Rizzardi, the historic house in Veneto, dates back to the unification of two ancient estates in 1913, when Carlo Rizzardi from Valpolicella, married Guiseppina Guerrieri of Bardolino.
- The new winery is completely solar powered, combining the best that technology offers in a carbon neutral way with vineyards that have been in the family for centuries.
- With the energy of the new younger generation in the family, Guerrieri-Rizzardi has experienced a renaissance of sorts over the last twenty years and is known throughout Europe as one of the finest, most classical producers in the region, with wines built on tension and “cut.”
ABOUT THE WINE
- One of the best known Italian wines. The vineyards of Bardolino overlook Lake Garda, an alpine environment mixed with the colours and fragrances of the Mediterranean, hence the name ”riviera degli Olivi”. The winery is built into the side of a hill in Campazzi at the heart of Bardolino Classico. Within ten minutes grapes from any of the estate’s 39 Bardolino vineyards can be at the crusher. From here the juice is gravity fed to the tanks, everything is done to preserve the freshness of the fruit which is vital to the success of Bardolino Classico wines.
- Taken from 38 different estate vineyards planted in some of the best hill sides sites in the Classico DOP area, around the villages of Bardolino and Cavaion. Vine age 6-46 years.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 65% Corvina / 15% Rondinella / 10% Merlot / 10% Molinara, Ancellotta & Sangiovese
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Bardolino Classico DOP
Elaboration: Fermentation of the destemmed grapes is in stainless steel, temperature controlled tanks.
Winemaker: Giuseppe Rizzardi
Classic Corvino characters of dark cherry fruit and a hint of pepper while still maintaining the classic medium bodied frame and trademark freshness of our Bardolino Classico.
Production: 2,500 cases | Alcohol: 13.14% | TA: 5.66 g/l | Residual Sugar: .8 g/l | pH: 3.48 g/l
PRESS & POINTS
Not yet rated
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.