Guerrieri Rizzardi 2018 Clos Roareti Merlot
- Guerrieri-Rizzardi, the historic house in Veneto, dates back to the unification of two ancient estates in 1913, when Carlo Rizzardi from Valpolicella, married Guiseppina Guerrieri of Bardolino.
- The new winery is completely solar powered, combining the best that technology offers in a carbon neutral way with vineyards that have been in the family for centuries.
- With the energy of the new younger generation in the family, Guerrieri-Rizzardi has experienced a renaissance of sorts over the last twenty years and is known throughout Europe as one of the finest, most classical producers in the region, with wines built on tension and “cut.”
ABOUT THE WINE
- This centuries old single-walled vineyard (Clos) contains pebbly soil rich in clay and silt, ideally suited to fine Merlot. The vineyard has excellent southwest exposure and the rows are planted on a north south axis. A precise viticulture program is prepared in order to keep the yield low and the grapes healthy.
- Drink from 3 years after the vintage up to 8 years and more if well stored.
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Merlot
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Veronese IGT
Elaboration: Destemmed and alcoholic fermentation in steel vats, followed by malolactic fermentation for 10 days between 25° and 30°C. 12 months in oak barriques, 25% of which are new, unused.
Winemaker: Giuseppe Rizzardi
Merlot grapes harvested at optimal ripeness result in a harmonious, ideally balanced Clos Roareti. In its youth at the moment, the wine offers intense dark berry fruit supported by fine oak. A silky textured full-bodied red that will develop favorably over the coming years. Drink this vintage with wild boar, venison, prime roast beef, and meaty stews.
Production: 13,333 numbered bottles | Alcohol: 14.73% | TA: 5.3g/l | Residual Sugar: 0.9g/l | pH: 3.62
PRESS & POINTS
2018 – 93 Points, James Suckling
2018 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.