Dorina Lindemann 2017 Reserva Tinto
- In the late 1970’s Hans Jörg Böhm, a German viticulturist of tremendous energy and passion, arrived in Portugal to undertake the daunting task of cataloging the Portuguese wine varietals. He suspected there were a number of lesser-known and unidentified varieties with great potential – he discovered about 300 different varietals and opened the first vine nursery in Portugal, dubbed “Evora” in the region of Alentejo.
- This knowledge, passion and sense of purpose, to celebrate and ensure the future of indigenous varietals was passed to his daughter Dorina Lindemann, herself a young enologist who in 1997 founded the winery Quinta da Plansel.
- Dorina’s work is focused on monvarietal wines and blends of the most significant grapes of northern Portugal: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca and Touriga Franca. In 2001, she launched the first single varietal wines in Portugal and continues to champion these iconic grape varieties.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Dorina’s varietal studies culminate in this Reserva Tinto bottling, combining the 3 principal varietals of her focus: Tinta Barroca, Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca. The result is a wine of rich aromatics, depth and freshness – at a price perfect for everyday drinking.
- The Touriga Franca in this blend was planted in 2000 – 14 ha are dedicated to it at Quinta de Plansel.
- Tinta Barroca grounds the blend with firm structure, depth and grip, while Touriga Nacional provides perfume & ripe fruit character, and Touriga Franca lends fresh acidity and lift.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 40% Tinta Barroca, 40% Touriga Nacional, 20% Touriga Franca
Origin: Portugal | Appellation: Quinta da Plansel
Elaboration: Grapes harvested by hand on 13 September with selection taking place in the field. Open lagar maceration & fermentation, aged in neutral French oak barrels for 12 months.
Winemaker: Dorina Lindemann
Mouthwatering and full, the Reserva Tinto exudes red and black currant, baked fig and black cherry on the nose. The palate is juicy and satisfying with enough structure to stand up to sturdier fare, but eminently quaffable on its own.
Production: cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 5.4 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.2 g/l | pH: 3.75
PRESS & POINTS
Product Submitted for Review
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Dorina Lindemann 2015 Tinta Barroca$28.99 Add to cart
Dorina Lindemann 2017 Touriga Nacional$24.99 Add to cart
Dorina Lindemann 2019 Touriga Nacional “Jovem”$14.99 Add to cart