Dorina Lindemann 2017 Touriga Nacional "Jovem"
- In the late 1970’s Hans Jörg Böhm, a German viticulturist of tremendous energy and passion, arrived to Portugal to undertake the daunting task of cataloging the Portuguese wine varietals. He suspected there were a number of lesser-known and unidentified varieties with great potential – he discovered about 300 different varietals and opened the first vine nursery in Portugal, dubbed “Evora” in the region of Alentejo.
- This knowledge, passion and sense of purpose, to celebrate and ensure the future of indigenous varietals was passed to his daughter Dorina Lindemann, herself a young enologist who in 1997 founded the winery Quinta da Plansel.
- Dorina’s work is focused on non-varietal wines and blends of the most significant grapes of northern Portugal: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca and Touriga Franca. In 2001, she launched the first single varietal wines in Portugal and continues to champion these iconic grape varieties.
ABOUT THE WINE
- This fruit is sourced from a new estate vineyard planting of 12 hectares of Touriga Nacional.
- The soils are residual granite and metamorphic sedimentary soils.
No herbicides are used.
- Touriga Nacional is a wine with intense aroma of flowers, especially orange blossom and violets. There is great freshness & elegance from the grape in this bottling.
- “Jovem” means young vines in Portuguese.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Touriga Nacional
Origin: Portugal | Appellation: Quinta da Plansel
Elaboration: Grapes are harvested by machine during the last week of August and first week of September. Open maceration. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel with daily pump overs.
Winemaker: Dorina Lindemann
Flavor of dark fruits, a touch of red current and floral notes. A wine with a fine, fruity spicy
palate. Balanced structure with soft tannins.
Production: 10,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 5.8 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.8 g/l | pH: 3.77
PRESS & POINTS
2020 – Mundus Vini Silver – Spring Tasting
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.