Dorina Lindemann 2015 Touriga Nacional
- In the late 1970’s Hans Jörg Böhm, a German viticulturist of tremendous energy and passion, arrived to Portugal to undertake the daunting task of cataloging the Portuguese wine varietals. He suspected there were a number of lesser-known and unidentified varieties with great potential – he discovered about 300 different varietals and opened the first vine nursery in Portugal, dubbed “Evora” in the region of Alentejo.
- This knowledge, passion and sense of purpose, to celebrate and ensure the future of indigenous varietals was passed to his daughter Dorina Lindemann, herself a young enologist who in 1997 founded the winery Quinta da Plansel.
- Dorina’s work is focused on non-varietal wines and blends of the most significant grapes of northern Portugal: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca and Touriga Franca. In 2001, she launched the first single varietal wines in Portugal and continues to champion these iconic grape varieties.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Dorina’sTouriga Nacional bottling was the first of its kind and has launched a new appreciation and excitement for the varietal in Portugal.
- Touriga Nacional produces a full-bodied red wine from Portugal with tremendous aging potential. Most commonly revered for its role in port production,it has only recently been championed as a dry red wine. It offers bold structure & profound depth of flavor at a terrific value.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Touriga Nacional
Origin: Portugal | Appellation: Quinta da Plansel
Elaboration: Grapes harvested by hand on 9 September with selection taking place in the field. Open lagar maceration and fermentation, aged in French oak barrels for 14 months.
Winemaker: Dorina Lindemann
Gorgeously perfumed, this Touriga Nacional is rich in aromas of fig, orange blossom, wild violets and plum. The structure is precise and the texture dense, both enhanced by time in oak, but there is also an overall elegance at work that lifts this above the bar.
Production: cases | Alcohol: 15.1% | TA: 5.8 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3 g/l | pH: 3.75
PRESS & POINTS
2016 – Mundus Vini
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.