Riccitelli Blanco De La Casa 2017
- Matías Riccitelli started his boutique winery in 2009, located in Las Compuertas at 1100 meters above sea level. It is the highest area of Lujan de Cuyo, and here he tends 20 hectares of ungrafted old vineyards. Matías also works with small, independent growers that own their lands at the bottom of the Andes halfway between 1000 and 1700 meters above sea level – in Gualtallary, Chacayes, Altamira and La Carrera.
- All harvests are conducted by hand and fermentation takes place in small concrete vats and concrete eggs. Purity and delicacy in winemaking are prized by Matías and great care is taken in preserving the fruit’s singularity in order to obtain vibrant wines.
- In 2015 a new project was begun: old vineyards of Semillon, Merlot and Malbec were discovered and reclaimed in Argentinian Patagonia. The vineyards are located in the Rio Negro high valley and were planted in the late 1960’s. The resulting wines are fresh, intensely aromatic and highly balanced.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Hand harvested in small 20 kg cases, in order to keep the integrity of each cluster.
- A meticulous selection is handly made prior to vinification.
- 100% aged inside concrete eggs for 6 months
- Recommend ageing 10 years.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: White Blend
Varietal: 40% Sauvignon Blanc, 40% Semillon, 20% Chardonnay
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Lujan de Cuyo
Elaboration: The three varieties are elaborated separately due to its different harvest’s moments. Grape skin maceration for 48 hours, gentle press and fermentation at low temperature in concrete eggs for 20 to 30 days.
Winemaker: Matias Riccitelli
Pale yellow color with greenish hints. On the nose presents scents of boj, rue, green apples, hay and remarkable minerality. A wine with fluency, energy and complexity. Ideal to go with white meats.
Production: cases | Alcohol: 13% | TA: g/l | RS: 2.5 g/l | pH: 3.2/6.8
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 95 Points, James Suckling
2017 – 92 Points, Wine Advocate
2014 – 95 Points, James Suckling
“Powerful and creamy but not loud. With lots of citrus-peel freshness and a huge saline finish. This is a unique Argentine dry white. A blend of sauvignon blanc, semillon, and chardonnay fermented in concrete eggs.” – James Suckling
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.