Martino 2021 Viña Violeta Cabernet Franc
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Stylistically, Fincas Don Martino stands solidly in the old-school camp, with savory aromatics (cigar bands, polished leather, coffee) balancing floral lift.
- Consultant winemaker is Attilio Pagli, a Tuscan winemaking legend who now spends a great deal of time in Mendoza consulting.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Vines sit at 3215 ft. above sea level in the Mendoza sub-zones of Luján de Cuyo and Maipú in rocky soil of alluvial origin. 74% of fruit comes from Perdriel in Luján de Cuyo while 26% comes from Barrancas in Maipú.
- Grapes from the two different vineyards are fermented separately and once both the alcoholic fermentation and the malolactic fermentation have finished, the final cut is made and stored in barrels.
- Spontaneous malolactic fermentation generates an increase in the smoothness and smoothness characteristic of the wine. A slight passage through wood serves to increase volume in the mouth.
Vintage: 2021 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Cabernet Franc
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Luján de Cuyo (Perdriel) and Barrancas, Maipú
Elaboration: Incubation at low temperatures for 24 hours. Natural fermentation followed by 5-day maceration. Spontaneous malolactic fermentation with native bacteria.
Winemaker: Attilio Pagli & Sergio Montiel
Deep red with crimson highlights. Aromas of black fruit, spices and red pepper. Mouthfeel is long and gentle providing notes of chocolate and vanilla, resulting in an unctuous wine, long and balanced. Pair with roast meats, cheese, and herby stews.
Production: 10,000 bottles | Alcohol: 14% | TA: | Residual Sugar: | pH:
PRESS & POINTS
Not yet rated
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock
You may also like…
Martino 2021 Viña Violeta Malbec$18.99 Add to cart
Martino 2022 Viña Violeta Bonarda$18.99 Read more