Bouza 2019 Tannat Pan de Azúcar
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts of Montevideo.
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons, and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Year in and year out, this is one of the richest, balanced, most memorable examples of single-vineyard Tannat produced in Uruguay.
- This bottling showcases the savory, smoky, earthy side of Tannat, in comparison to its cousin, Bouza’s “B6”, which tends to offer more purple fruit tones.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Tannat
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Pan de Azúcar, Maldonado
Elaboration: Espalier system vineyard, rocky soil due to syenite. Manual selection of grapes of optimum maturity. Fermentation at 26° C with 2 pump-overs and one pigeage per day. 14 day maceration time. 13 months in French and Caucasean Oak barrels.
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Garnet red color with petrol highlights. Very expressive in the nose with black fruits, mulberries, cassis, raisins, over an elegant smoky background. Velvety but marked tannins. Balanced and persistent final bouquet.
Production: 466 cases | Alcohol: 14.7% | TA: 3.0 g/L | Residual Sugar: 2.6 g/L | pH: 3.94
PRESS & POINTS
2020 – 92 Points, James Suckling
2019 – 94 Points, James Suckling
2019 – 95 Points, Patricio Tapia – Descorchados
2019 – 92 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2018 – 96 Points, Tim Atkin
2018 – 95 Points, Descorchados
2018 – 94 Points, James Suckling
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.