Bouza 2020 Monte Vide Eu
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
About the Wine
- Grapes here are sourced from the finest clusters grown in the best quality blocks of each of Bouza’s two Montevideo area vineyards – Melilla, a fairly cool climate site that surrounds the winery, and Las Violetas, a warmer, clay driven site about 15 miles north of the winery.
- Critics and sommeliers routinely see this as a national treasure, calling it the greatest, most significant red wine being produced in Uruguay.
Vintage: 2020 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 55% Tannat/27% Merlot/18% Tempranillo
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Canelones and Montevideo
Elaboration: The three varieties were vinified separately, with manual selection of the berries, berry by berry. Fermentation at 26ºC with two pump overs and 1 pigeage a day. Total maceration, between 10 and 14 days, depending on the vinification process of each of the plots. Aging of each variety from 9 and 12 months in French and American oak barrels and then blended.
Conservation: Up to 15 years
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Intense red color. Fruit aromas of plums and blackberry, with vanilla and toasted notes. Balanced acidity in the mouth with rounded and silky tannins. Medium body leads into a long, lasting finish.
Production: 1808 cases (6x750ml) | Alcohol: 15.0% | TA: 3.1 g/L| Residual Sugar: 2.8g/L | pH: 3.8
Press & Points
2018 – 94 Points, Patricio Tapia – Descorchados
2018 – 97 Points, Tim Atkin, Medal of Excellence, Overall Red Wine of the Year
2018 – 96 Points, Decanter, Best Red Blend of Uruguay, Top 5 in Latin America
2018 – 96 Points, Marcelo Copello
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock