Bouza 2020 Monte Vide Eu
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
About the Wine
- Grapes here are sourced from the finest clusters grown in the best quality blocks of each of Bouza’s two Montevideo area vineyards – Melilla, a fairly cool climate site that surrounds the winery, and Las Violetas, a warmer, clay driven site about 15 miles north of the winery.
- Critics and sommeliers routinely see this as a national treasure, calling it the greatest, most significant red wine being produced in Uruguay.
Vintage: 2020 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 55% Tannat/27% Merlot/18% Tempranillo
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Canelones and Montevideo
Elaboration: The three varieties were vinified separately, with manual selection of the berries, berry by berry. Fermentation at 26ºC with two pump overs and 1 pigeage a day. Total maceration, between 10 and 14 days, depending on the vinification process of each of the plots. Aging of each variety from 9 and 12 months in French and American oak barrels and then blended.
Conservation: Up to 15 years
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Intense red color. Fruit aromas of plums and blackberry, with vanilla and toasted notes. Balanced acidity in the mouth with rounded and silky tannins. Medium body leads into a long, lasting finish.
Production: 1808 cases (6x750ml) | Alcohol: 15.0% | TA: 3.1 g/L| Residual Sugar: 2.8g/L | pH: 3.8
Press & Points
2018 – 94 Points, Patricio Tapia – Descorchados
2018 – 97 Points, Tim Atkin, Medal of Excellence, Overall Red Wine of the Year
2018 – 96 Points, Decanter, Best Red Blend of Uruguay, Top 5 in Latin America
2018 – 96 Points, Marcelo Copello
2018 – 92 Points, Wine Enthusiast
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Bouza 2020 “A6” Tannat$50.99 Read more
Bouza 2022 Albariño$27.99 Add to cart
Bouza 2020 Tannat$26.99 Add to cart