ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- The transversal Elqui Valley borders the Pacific Ocean to the West, the Atacama Desert to the North, and the Andes Mountains to the East. While it
sits closer to the equator than any other fine wine region in Chile, evening winds blast through this valley 365 days a year bringing summer nighttime
temperatures to as low as 40 degrees and creating electric natural acidity in the region’s grapes
- Danish born and raised Steffan Jorgensen (previously Head Winemaker at Bergevin Lane in Walla Walla) and his wife Pamela Nunez (native to Chile and
an experienced winemaker with stints across Chile’s top properties) make small lot varietal wines and blends from 20 acres of estate fruit planted
in four separate vineyard sites.
- All wines are made with special attention to their mineral and earthy aspects and combine with Steffan’s style that delivers a broad/voluptuous style
with deep acidity.
ABOUT THE WINE
- A Single Vineyard Pinot Noir from the cool climate of our Maitén Vineyard, a rocky, sandy, ancient riverbed sitting 25 miles from the Pacific Ocean.
The usual latitude here, combined with intense and constant wind, gives us a unique example of Pinot Noir.
- A winery was built within Steffan's winery for this wine - It consists of separate rooms with a series of six squat, square shaped fermenters that
were designed specifically for the gentle handling of this varietal.
Vintage: 2015 |Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Pinot Noir
Origin: Chile | Appellation: Elqui Valley
Elaboration: Very long maturation period in the vineyards due to very cool nights which makes for an oscillation (day/night swings)
of nearly 40F. Harvested by hand in 20 kg small crates between April 10th and April 16th, 2013. Fermented in specially designed small open top 4000
kg stainless vats with temperature control and punched down for gentle extraction. Very important to maintain fresh fruit characters in finished wines.
Fermentation takes approximately 12-14 days with a total skin contact time of 3-4 weeks depending on lots.
Conservation: 100 % Barrel aged entirely in tight grained French oak barrels for 24 months with 30% New.
Winemaker: Steffan Jorgensen
Fresh sour red and dark cherries intertwines with sweet raspberries burst form the glass followed up by a mineral spice core and hints of black rose petals.
In the mouth, voluptuous and rich, with fresh opulent fruit notes and velvety super silky tannin. The wine lingers with pure and utter elegance. Chile´s
most Northern Pinot Noir in all its glory!
Production: 1335 cases | Alcohol: 14.2% | TA: 4.54 g/l | Residual Sugar: <2 g/l |
Press & Points
"The paradigm for the future of the Chile's wine industry." - Rex Picket, (author of Sideways).
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine