Vidigal 2020 Vinho Tinto
- Vidigal is a medium-sized winery in the center of Portugal near the town of Leiria
- The winery focuses on flavorful, value-driven wines from the regions of Dão, Lisboa, and Vinho Verde
- Owner António Lopes is as hands-on as they come, and spends most of his time side by side in the cellar with his two winemakers Antonio Ventura and Rafael Neubarth
About the Wine
- This was one of the first Reserve level wines to be made in the Lisboa DOC and a wine that served in encouraging other producers to give this emerging subregion more serious attention.
- We can’t think of a more authentic choice for a Portuguese “house” pour…the only difference being that this has way more depth of flavor than what you’d typically find at one of the many tascas dotting Lisbon’s crowded streets.
- Soil type for the vineyard is clay mixed with limestone.
Vintage: 2020 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 70% Tinta Roriz / 20% Castelao / 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Portugal | Appellation: Lisboa
Elaboration: Hand picked and delivered to the winery to be sorted, destemmed and crushed. Fermented in stainless steel with temperature
control. No oak.
Winemaker: Antonio Mendes Lopes, Antonio Ventura, Rafael Neuparth, and Arnaldo Simoe
Deep ruby color. Aroma of ripe red fruits with hints of raspberry. Full bodied and soft in the mouth with good character. Available in 3L box as well.
Production: 5,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.2% | TA: 5.7 g/l | Residual Sugar: 8.4
g/l | pH: 3.52
Press & Points
2016 – 90 Points, WineX
“One of the nicest reds I’ve tasted in 10 years on this show!” James Martin – BBC Saturday Kitchen
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.