Riccitelli 2023 “Kung Fu” Pet Nat
- Matías Riccitelli started his boutique winery in 2009, located in Las Compuertas at 1100 meters above sea level. It is the highest area of Luján de Cuyo, and here he tends 20 hectares of ungrafted old vineyards. Matías also works with small, independent growers that own their lands at the bottom of the Andes halfway between 1000 and 1700 meters above sea level – in Gualtallary, Chacayes, Altamira and La Carrera.
- All harvests are conducted by hand and fermentation takes place in small concrete vats and concrete eggs. Purity and delicacy in winemaking are prized by Matías and great care is taken in preserving the fruit’s singularity in order to obtain vibrant wines.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Kung Fu was born of Riccitelli’s desire to make wines with minimal intervention, which express the high altitude Gualtallary terroir to the fullest. They work to rescue old elaborations, using noble materials that interact with the environment such as concrete, clay and oak for various uses.
- Fruit comes from organically grown vineyards, manually harvested in small boxes. Fermentation is spontaneous with indigenous yeasts. Bottled without filtering, without clarifying or adding sulfites.
- Grapes from high altitude vineyards in the Uco Valley, located at 1,400 meters above sea level where calcareous soils predominate.
- No use of herbicides or systemic products carrying out an agroecological management of the vineyards.
Vintage: 2023 | Wine Type: Sparkling Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Gualtallary, Uco Valley
Elaboration: Grapes arrive naturally by gravity into small concrete eggs without any addition. Fermentation begins at controlled temperatures between 14° and 16°C ending naturally in the bottle following the ancestral method of winemaking.
Winemaker: Matias Riccitelli
Bright red fruit notes like strawberry and raspberry mingle with a peachy roundness and a hint of orange zest to zip things up.
Production: 5000 cases | Alcohol: | TA: | RS: | pH:
PRESS & POINTS
2022 – 90 Points, Tim Atkin
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock