Cruzat 2022 Pet Nat
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Pedro Rosell is Argentina’s King of Bubbles – he and his team strive to create the country’s most expressive, sophisticated sparkling wines.
- The winery is located in the old winemaking region of Perdriel, south of the Mendoza River, at the foot of the Cordon del Plata mountain range.
- All wines are made from high elevation estate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vines, many of which sit at an unbelievable 4,600+ feet. Dosage is low across the board, resulting in verve/tension levels that truly rare in this part of the world.
ABOUT THE WINE
- This extremely limited release is made from high altitude, organically farmed grapes in Gualtallary, Uco Valley.
- WInemakers Lorena Mulet and Pedro Rosell love that the origin of this method is ancestral and consists of obtaining a sparkling wine with a single fermentation, unlike the traditional method in which two fermentations occur.
- This release is the product of several previous trials, so they hope to grow in volume of production in future vintages.
Vintage: 2022 | Wine Type: Sparkling Wine
Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Gualtallary, Uco Valley, Mendoza
Elaboration: Fermentation takes place at temperatures between 57° and 61° in tall/slender stainless steel tanks. Then bottled unfiltered when residual sugar drops to 12 grams of sugar per liter.
Winemaker: Pedro Rosell & Lorena Mulet
Fresh, with persistent citrus and floral notes. Bright acidity holds everything together well. It is certainly a great aperitif, “Petillant Naturel!”
Production: 200 cases | Alcohol: 12.5% | TA: 6.26 g/l | Residual Sugar: 7.51 g/l | pH: 3.2
PRESS & POINTS
Unrated at this time.
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Cruzat Reserve Nature$22.99 Add to cart
Cruzat Rosé$18.99 Add to cart