ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Pedro Rosell is Argentina’s King of Bubbles – he and his team strive to create the country’s most expressive, sophisticated sparkling wines.
- The winery is located in the old winemaking region of Perdriel, south of the Mendoza River, at the foot of the Cordon del Plata mountain range.
- All wines are made from high elevation estate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vines, many of which sit at an unbelievable 4,600+ feet. Dosage is low across the board, resulting in verve/tension levels that truly rare in this part of the world.
ABOUT THE WINE
- This extremely limited release is made from high altitude, organically farmed grapes in Gualtallary, Uco Valley.
- WInemakers Lorena Mulet and Pedro Rosell love that the origin of this method is ancestral and consists of obtaining a sparkling wine with a single fermentation, unlike the traditional method in which two fermentations occur.
- This release is the product of several previous trials, so they hope to grow in volume of production in future vintages.
Vintage: 2021 | Wine Type: Sparkling Wine
Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Gualtallary, Uco Valley, Mendoza
Elaboration: Fermentation takes place at temperatures between 57° and 61° in tall/slender stainless steel tanks. Then bottled unfiltered when residual sugar drops to 12 grams of sugar per liter.
Winemaker: Pedro Rosell & Lorena Mulet
Fresh, with persistent citrus and floral notes. Bright acidity holds everything together well. It is certainly a great aperitif, “Petillant Naturel!”
Production: 200 cases | Alcohol: 12.5% | TA: 6.26 g/l | Residual Sugar: 7.51 g/l | pH: 3.2
PRESS & POINTS
Unrated at this time.
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.