Fitz Roy 2020 Carmenere
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Fitz Roy is a collaboration between Elixir Wine Group and Chile’s Alex Huber of Invina Wines with the intention of bringing you hand crafted, terroir driven, sustainably farmed Chilean varietal wine with unbelievable pricing.
- Named after the highest mountain in Patagonia, whose granite flanks stand as a sentinel between Argentina and Chile.
- Wines are produced at the Invina winery in Maule and are sourced from Invina’s sustainably farmed vineyard sites.
About the Wine
- This Carmenere is sourced from two section of Invina Batuco vineyard in the Maule Valley of Chile. The Carmenere grape with black fruit, herbal notes and soft tannins is blended with Cabernet Sauvignon to add a spicy red fruit characteristic, and Syrah to include notes of red licorice.
- The Batuco Vineyard is a thirty-year-old vineyard site that is own-rooted and situated in a small sub-valley on the eastern side of coastal mountains. The strong marine influence makes for long growing seasons and ripening conditions for Carmenere.
Vintage: 2020 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 85% Carmenere, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah
Origin: Chile | Appellation: Maule Valley
Elaboration: Grapes are hand harvested from sustainably farmed vineyard sites. The wine is fermented and aged in stainless steel, with additional aging in French oak staves for six months.
Winemaker: Invina Wines
Dark garnet in color, this Carmenere has aromas of black plum, rich soil, toasted vanilla, and licorice. Fruity with dried raspberry, tar, roasted cherry, white pepper, black licorice, and a moderate oakiness. The tannins are soft and silky with a warming medium-length finish.
Production: 2,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.1% | TA: 5.63 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.4g/l | pH: 3.76
Press & Points
2017 – 92 Points, Wine X
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.