Fitz Roy 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Fitz Roy is a collaboration between Elixir Wine Group and Chile’s Alex Huber of Invina Wines with the intention of bringing you hand crafted, terroir driven, sustainably farmed Chilean varietal wine with unbelievable pricing.
- Named after the highest mountain in Patagonia, whose granite flanks stand as a sentinel between Argentina and Chile.
- Wines are produced at the Invina winery in Maule and are sourced from Invina’s sustainably farmed vineyard sites.
ABOUT THE WINE
- A blend of two distinctive Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards in the Maule Valley of Chile.
- The Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva is sourced from two Invina vineyards in the Maule Valley: Buena Vista vineyard and Peral vineyard. The cooler Buena Vista vineyard site sits near the Andes mountains and adds freshness and aromatics. The Peral Vineyard is tucked away in a warmer Pencahue region and gives the wine ripe fruit flavors.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Chile | Appellation: Maule Valley
Elaboration: Clay loam soils of the Buena Vista vineyard are coupled with black clay soils of the Peral Vineyard. Both hand and machine harvested to eliminate all stems, the fruit is fermented in tank and in small lot parcels. 100% malolactic fermentation, aged in stainless steel. Select ferments are chosen for additional aging in French oak staves and then blended together.
Winemaker: Invina Wines
Dark ruby in color. Bright aromas of blackberry leading to a palate of roasted nuts and chocolate, and spicy berries. Graceful tannins give this Cabernet a beautiful finish.
Production: 2,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 5.85 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.3 g/l | pH: 3.62
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 90-92 Points, Wine X
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.