Fernandez Gomez 2019 Selección Familia Blanca
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Carlos Fernandez and his brothers produce Tempranillo and Garnacha that is zesty and lively, with tremendous energy and lifted aromatics.
- Bordered by the River Ebro on the South and the towering Cantabria mountains on the North, the Rioja Alavesa region is home to the vineyards owned by family Fernandez Gomez, the majority of which are 80+ years old.
- Located in the Jewish quarter of Labastida, the winery and family home are composed of four houses. In the earth beneath them exists a framework of four different caves dating back to the 1400s, an excellent space for the cellaring of the wines.
ABOUT THE WINE
- A blend of 60% Viura (volume), 30% Malvasia (honey tones), 10% Garnacha Blanca (acidity), the Selección Familia is a house favorite white wine with Familia Fernandez.
- Carlos and his brothers love the ability of this wine to incorporate but not cover up the characteristics of each varietal.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 60% Viura/30% Malvasia/10% Garnacha Blanca
Origin: Spain | Appellation: D.O. Rioja
Winemaker: Carlos Fernandez
“Peach and apricot aromas give way to vanilla and resiny oak notes. This blend of Viura, Malvasia, and Garnacha Blanca is full in body and has taken well to oak. Melon, green banana, and wood spice flavors are dry and elegant on the finish.” – Wine Enthusiast
Production: 2,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.1% | TA: 6.2 g/l |Residual Sugar: <2 g/l | pH: 3.5
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 93 Points, BTI
2015 – 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Fernandez Gomez 2018 Selección Familia Tempranillo$21.99 Add to cart