Ermisch 2016 Erendira's Rise Pinot Noir
- After making wine at Bodega Calle in Argentina for more than a decade,
but having built our import business from Oregon, we thought it important to finally try our hand with the challenging varietals of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
About the Wine
- Our aim for this wine is to combine the different facets of the Willamette Valley’s terroir in a standalone bottling. In 2016 we sourced fruit from
two disparate sites – Lazy River Vineyard (Yamhill-Carlton AVA) and Lichtenwalter (Ribbon Ridge AVA). In this spirit, clonal selection is equally
broad and inclusive – Pommard, Wadenswil, Dijon 115, and Dijon 777.
- The Yamhill portion contributes elegance, black fruit and savory notes; the Ribbon Ridge portion gives us forward red berry flavors and palate weight.
- This is very much a hands-on project, and Ermisch can be found doing most of the work from vineyard pickup to bottle
- Even in the warmest vintages, we like that Oregon is known as the most similar growing region in the USA to Burgundy. Thus, our wines will grow and
develop in the bottle for many years and will always be wines made to enjoy with food.
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Origin: Oregon, USA | Appellation: Willamette Valley
Elaboration: Hand harvested grapes, fermented in open-top bins, manually punched down two to three times daily and aged 12 months in new, 1st and 2nd use French oak barrels. Minimal intervention, no tartaric acid or sugar added. Sustainably farmed and live certified.
Winemaker: Kirk Ermisch
“Warm and fruity from the moment you pull the cork, this ripe round satisfying wine matches raspberry and cherry fruit to vivid streaks of orange and grapefruit.
Then it glides across the palate and on into a smooth rich finish, cloaked in milk chocolate. It’s a lovely drink-now bottle. ” – Wine Enthusiast
Production: 550 cases | Alcohol: 14.2% | TA: 6.7g/l | Residual Sugar: <0.1 g/l | pH: 3.6
Press & Points
2014 – 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2014 – Double Gold, Oregon Wine Experience 2016
2014 – 91 Points, Wine Spectator
2013 – 90 Points, Wine Spectator
2012 – 91 Points, Wine Spectator
2012 – 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2011 – 93 Points, Editor’s Choice, Wine Enthusiast
2011 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate #209
2010 – 92 Points, Editor’s Choice, Wine Enthusiast
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.