Clos Troteligotte 2019 K-Pot Malbec
- The ever-innovative Emmanuel Rybinski is without question Cahors’ hottest young star.
- Emmanuel’s ten acre estate sits atop an iron rich plateau on the Southern border of the appellation – The iron chunks scattered atop this vineyard are so pure you could sell them to a smelter.
- The property is unusually high in elevation this allows Emmanuel to farm organically with ease (he is above the fog line and therefore has no issues with mildew). Rows are plowed by horse and spaced tightly.
- In 2005, the operation was classified under rational agriculture and in January 2014, Clos Troteligotte became certified organic.
- The Rybinski family home is equally impressive – An off the grid Eco/DIY masterpiece Emmanuel created from a 17th century stone barn.
ABOUT THE WINE
- A star in Paris’ natural wine scene, this sulfite-free cuvee is totally natural wine without any additives or any kind other then the grapes from the vineyard, and in case you were wondering “K-Pot” is French slang for “no protection.”
- This wine is meant for early consumption. As is traditional in the appellation a bit of Merlot is included in the fermentation to help soften the palate.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Malbec
Origin: France | Appellation: AOC Cahors
Elaboration: Cold Maceration between 10 and 12 ° C for 5 days with indigenous yeasts. Aged for 6 months in concrete vessels. No added sulfites.
Winemaker: Emmanuel Rybinski
A mercurial wine, K-Pot offers shifting layers of plummy fruit, savory herbs, graphite, and hints of bright dill. The Merlot is in evidence as it rounds out the mouth feel and gives a silken texture to the intense, aromatic Malbec.
Production: 650 cases | Alcohol: 12.75% | TA: 4.03 g/l | Residual Sugar: 0.01 g/l | pH: 4.59
PRESS & POINTS
Not Yet Rated.
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.