Clos Troteligotte 2018 K-Nom Malbec
- The ever-innovative Emmanuel Rybinski is without question Cahors’ hottest young star.
- Emmanuel’s ten acre estate sits atop an iron rich plateau on the Southern border of the appellation – The iron chunks scattered atop this vineyard are so pure you could sell them to a smelter.
- The property is unusually high in elevation with allows Emmanuel to farm organically with ease (he is above the fog line and therefore has no issues with mildew). Rows are plowed by horse and spaced tightly.
- In 2005, the operation was classified under rational agriculture and in January 2014, Clos Troteligotte became certified organic.
- The Rybinski family home is equally impressive – An off the grid Eco/DIY masterpiece Emmanuel created from a 17th century stone barn.
ABOUT THE WINE
- The most approachable bottling Emmanuel creates, this Malbec incorporates 15% Merlot, a classic practice in the region to bring plush fruit structure to the dark, mineral driven Malbec character here.
- Knom, or Canom, is a French word to descibe a glass of the favorite wine of the house, ordered at the local bistro – as in, “Travernier, sers moi un canom” (bartender, pour me a glass!”)
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 85% Malbec / 15% Merlot
Origin: France | Appellation: Cahors
Elaboration: Grapes are harvested early for appellation standards and fermented & aged in unlined concrete squares. Cold maceration between 10 and 12 degrees Celsius for 5 days with no yeasts or enzymes during this early stage in order to reveal the subtle fruity aromas. Long fermentation at low temperatures for 10 days with manual punching of the cap. Native yeast. Ageing for 12 months in cement vats.
Winemaker: Emmanuel Rybinski
K-nom is the most obviously fruity and approachable wine in Emmanuel’s lineup, with briary raspberry notes throughout. Eminently quaffable, the acids are soft, enhancing K-nom’s drinkability, plus there is a faint saline lick that the variety is known and loved for. Smooth, polished tannins allow for a silky finish.
Production: 1000 cases | Alcohol: 13.0% | TA: 2.69 | Residual Sugar: 0.06 | pH: 3.69
PRESS & POINTS
Not yet rated
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.