Carmelo Patti 2015 Gran Assemblage
About the Producer
- Carmelo Patti was an important force for the rebirth of fine wine production in Mendoza in the eighties and to this day is one of the most respected enologists and winemakers in the country. His winemaking style is as unique as his character; no consultants, no manipulation, no pretentions
- His style is singular and nearly anachronistic – favoring a classical, “naked” approach over huge, heavily oaked fruit in his wines. He also releases them only when he deems them “ready” with wines – typically 5 years after harvest at the earliest.
- All wines are made naturally, with no chemical additives and only native yeast.
About the Wine
- A blend of Cabernet, Malbec, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc, Carmelo’s “Gran Assemblage” reminds us very much of a rustic, “old school” Bordeaux with earthy fruit, leafy undertones, and soft restraint. This small bottling is an assemblage of the finest blocks of Carmelo’s Perdriel vineyard.
- All grapes are co-fermented together, using native yeast. Generally held at the winery five years or more before release.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon / Malbec / Merlot / Cabernet Franc
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Luján de Cuyo (Perdriel), Mendoza
Elaboration: Fermented with native yeasts in concrete, and aged 12 months in a combination of first and second use French Oak. Unfined and unfiltered.
Winemaker: Carmelo Patti
“Jumping a few vintages, as the last time I tasted the 2008, the 2013 Gran Assemblage is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot and Cabernet Franc from the same vineyard in Perdriel where the winemaker, year after year, sources the grapes for all his wines. All wines are hand-crafted, the grapes fermented in cement vats with indigenous yeasts. In this case, all the wine is put to mature in oak barrels, whereas most of the others are only partially oaked, yet there are no oak aromas in any of the wines, as the barrels he uses are well-seasoned. It feels very classical, proportioned, aromatic and polished, with character.” ~Wine Advocate
Production: 459 cases | Alcohol: 13.4% | TA: | Residual Sugar: | pH:
Press & Points
2013 – 93+ Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2013 – 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2008 – 93 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
Carmelo Patti 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon$34.99 Add to cart
Carmelo Patti 2018 Cabernet Franc$34.99 Add to cart
Carmelo Patti 2018 Malbec$34.99 Add to cart