Carmelo Patti 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
About the Producer
- Carmelo Patti was an important force for the rebirth of fine wine production in Mendoza in the eighties and to this day is one of the most respected enologists and winemakers in the country. His winemaking style is as unique as his character; no consultants, no manipulation, no pretentions
- His style is singular and nearly anachronistic – favoring a classical, “naked” approach over huge, heavily oaked fruit in his wines. He also releases
them only when he deems them “ready” with wines – typically 5 years after harvest at the earliest.
- All wines are made naturally, with no chemical additives and only native yeast.
About the Wine
- While under the radar in the United States, Carmelo Patti is very well known throughout Argentina for this “cult” Cabernet Sauvignon bottling.
- This single vineyard Cabernet from Perdriel is more European in style than most examples you will find there, the result of vineyard work that favors balance and finesse over power, native yeast fermentation, traditional elevage, and extended aging in bottle prior to release.
Vintage: 2012 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Luján de Cuyo (Perdriel), Mendoza
Elaboration: Fermented/aged in concrete for 12 months and then moved to neutral French oak for 12 additional months. Unfined
and unfiltered. Aged in bottle five years before release.
Winemaker: Carmelo Patti
“As traditional as it gets, the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon was kept in the winery until Patti thought the wine was ready to drink. He’s in search of an elegant, classical and polished wine that still keeps the varietal character but does not show the effect of the wood. The color, aromas and flavors are quite developed, nuanced and polished, with complexity and detail. It does have the herbal and spicy character of the grape (all the textbook descriptors are there: tobacco, forest floor, something herbal) and the warmth of the vintage and the place. It’s harmonious, with moderate alcohol and good freshness. It’s just delicious, like a trip to the past.” – Wine Advocate
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.0% | TA: | Residual Sugar: | pH:
Press & Points
2012 – 94 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2007 – 94 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2006 – 93 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2005 – 94 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
2004 – 92 Points, Wine & Spirits
2004 – 90 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock