Bouza 2019 Albariño
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts of Montevideo.
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
ABOUT THE WINE
- This Albarino started as a bit of an experiment for Bouza and has quickly turned into one of the winery’s most sought after bottlings – It is the “go to” stylish white wine of cultural hotspot Punta del Este.
- The cuttings planted in this vineyard come from the rural plots of Bouza family relatives in Rias Biaxas, Spain.
- Grapes are sourced from colder, less exposed blocks in their Melilla and Las Violetas vineyards.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: White Wine
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Canelones and Montevideo
Elaboration: 90% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks with the remaining 10% fermenting in French oak barrels. Aged 4 months over its lees. Unfiltered and unfined.
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Pale yellow color, with golden highlights. Aromas of peach and white flowers, pineapple and pear. Moving the glass, the pineapple enhances its presence, and vanilla and caramel notes appear. In the mouth, sweet entrance with a slow evolution and a balanced acidity. Long finish.
Production: 4,007 cases | Alcohol: 14.0% | TA: 3.3 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.6 g/l | pH: 3.05
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 91 Points and Editor’s Choice, Wine Enthusiast
2013 – 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
Featured as “Bottle to Buy Now” in the April 2014 edition of Wine Enthusiast
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.