Bouza 2019 “A8” Tannat
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts of Montevideo.
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Sourced from Melilla, the relatively cool-climate vineyard that surrounds the winery. Vineyard rows in Melilla are uniquely topped with two feet of pink granite from a local quarry to collect and radiate additional heat for their grapes.
- Year in and year out this is one of the richest, balanced, most memorable examples of single vineyard Tannat produced in Uruguay.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Tannat
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Melilla, Montevideo
Elaboration: Manual selection of grapes, berry by berry. Controlled fermentation at 25ºC, with 2 pump overs and 1 pigeage a day. Total maceration 11 days. 12 months in French and American oak barrels.
Conservation: 12-15 years
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Purple red color. Prune and blackberry aroma with toasty notes. Round mouth with great volume, balanced acidity with silky tannins. Long finish reminiscent of the initial fruit and graphite.
Production: 62 HL/Ha | Alcohol: 14.4% | TA: 3.1 g/L | Residual Sugar: 2.5 g/L | pH: 3.93
PRESS & POINTS
2019 – 92 Points, James Suckling
2019 – 93 Points, Descorchados
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.