Anderson Hill 2018 Shiraz
About the Producer
- Ben and Clare Anderson believe in living amongst the environment, treading lightly on their land. This sustainable lifestyle extends through to their philosophy for managing the vineyard and minimal intervention practices in the wine making processes.
- At 600 meters above sea-level their Lenswood vineyard in the northern Adelaide Hills is one of the coolest and highest vineyards in South Australia. The top meter of loamy soil sits on a sub-clay base and sustains efficient water and nutrients to the vines whilst reducing the risk of pests and diseases at the same time.
- Vines are hand-pruned and the grapes hand-picked to ensure premium quality. Minimal intervention in the winemaking process, using natural yeasts to showcase the unique terroir.
About the Wine
- “Most keen wine drinkers now realise that Australia can produce a gamut of Chardonnay styles, but somehow the word seems harder to get out about Shiraz. This wine from Adelaide Hills should do the trick for anyone who has yet to realise that cool-climate accounts of the variety can be every bit as compelling as their warm-climate counterparts. The wine is dark in colour, with lots of episcopal purple; the aromas are bright, lifted and billowing, not just cherry-fresh but with some billowing cherry blossom in there too. In the mouth, the wine is deep, round, poised and lively: an explosion of vivid fruits with a peppery finish.”
– Decanter DWWA 2020 Tasting Notes for Anderson Hill O Series Shiraz 2018
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Shiraz
Origin: Australia | Appellation: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Elaboration: Cold soaked, open fermentation with extended maceration. 12 month barrel maturation in a mix of new and seasoned French oak. 5-7 years cellaring.
Winemaker: Anderson Hill
Heady blue fruit on the nose with lashings of violet, blossom, and hints of baking spice. Spiced dark plum on the palate with fresh blue and black berries, pepper, and liquorice. Lifted acidity with plush mouth-coating tannins delivers a great length on the finish.
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 6.4 g/L | Residual Sugar: 0.9 g/L | pH: 3.56
Press & Points
2018 – 97 Points, Platinum – Best in Show, Decanter World Wine Awards
2018 – 95 Points, Halliday Wine Companion
2018 – 93 Points, Wine Business Magazine
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.