Salamandre 2022 Orange
- Château Saint Cyrgue is located in the south of France near Nimes. It is one of the most southerly vineyards in the Rhône valley.
- Mistral winds blow throughout the year and the southern exposure of the estate allows the grapes to ripen well giving the wine its racy and fine character.
- Fruit comes from south-facing terraces with soil made up of clay and pebbles deposited by the Rhône river.
- Certified organic since 2014.
ABOUT THE WINE
- A lighter orange wine. 10 days on skins give this Grenache Blanc a gentle character and body.
- Late August harvesting at night and early morning. Cool nights refresh grapes and help maintain zesty, fresh fruit aromas.
- Organic fruit and native yeast. Temperature controlled tanks during all vinification.
- Great as an aperitif. Pair with chorizo cake, eggplant lasagna, ratatoutille, and fish.
Vintage: 2022 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 100% Grenache Blanc
Origin: France | Appellation: AOP Costières de Nîmes & IGP Gard, Rhône Valley
Elaboration: Destemmed and crushed before fermentation at 18°C with half of it vatting for up to 28 days with gentle and regular extraction. Aged 4-6 months in stainless steel tanks on fine lees before blending and filtration.
Winemaker: Loïc Ferraud
Orange-yellow color. Floral, citrus and yellow-fleshed fruit aromas. Full and textured on the palate with notes of candied lemon, lime and honey.
Production: 400 cases | Alcohol: 12.5% | TA: 2.81 g/l | Residual Sugar: <1 g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
Not yet rated.
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.