Bouza 2020 Riesling Pan de Azúcar
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts of Montevideo.
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons, and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Grapes are sourced from a 1.5 hectare plot at the foot of Cerro Pan de Azúcar in Maldonado that was planted in just 2010.
- This vintage shows the marked improvement of those vines with a dry Riesling bursting with fruit and spice. The mouth is warm and round with a savory finish.
Vintage: 2020 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 100% Riesling
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Pan de Azúcar, Maldonado
Elaboration: Manual selection of grapes. Direct pressing without destemming. Racking at 12° C. Fermentation in steel tank at 18° C. Natural stabilization without the use of clarifying agents. Aging in bottle for more than 12 months.
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Pale yellow color. Aroma of fruits, pears and white plums, with petroleum notes. On the palate it shows balanced acidity, round and with good volume. Long end.
Production: 391 cases | Alcohol: 13% | TA: 4.0 g/L | Residual Sugar: 1.6 g/L | pH: 3.14
PRESS & POINTS
2020 – 92 Points, James Suckling
2020 – 94 Points, Patricio Tapia – Descorchados
2020 – 95 Points, Tim Atkin
2019 – 94 Points, James Suckling
2019 – 95 Points, Tim Atkin
2019 – 94 Points, Patricio Tapia – Descorchados
2019 – 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.