- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay's temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
About the Wine
- Sourced from Melilla, the relatively cool-climate vineyard that surrounds the winery. Vineyard rows in Melilla are uniquely topped with two feet of
pink granite from a local quarry to collect and radiate additional heat for their grapes.
- This bottling showcases the savory/smoky/earthy side of Tannat, in comparison to it’s cousin, their “B6” bottling, which tends to offer more purple
- Year in and year out this is one of the richest, balanced, most memorable examples of single vineyard Tannat produced in Uruguay.
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: A6 Tannat
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Canelones
Elaboration: Manual selection of the grapes. Controlled fermentation at 26ºC, with 2 pump overs and 1 pigeage a day. Total maceration
12days. 17 months in new French and American oak barrels.
Conservation: 12-15 years
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Intense purple color. Plum raisins aroma, quince marmalade and toasted notes. Balanced mouth, with big volume and smooth tannins. Long
Production: 520 cases (6x750ml) | Alcohol: 14.6% | TA: 3.1 g/L | Residual Sugar: 1.9
g/L | pH: 3.98
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine