- After running Bodega Calle in Argentina for more than a decade,
but having built our import business from Oregon, we thought it important to finally try our hand with the challenging varietal of Pinot Noir.
- Named Erendira's Rise to commemorate the Pre-Columbian princess that overcame her fear of horses and rode in rebellion against the Spanish.
About the Wine
- Our aim for this wine is to combine the different facets of the Willamette Valley’s terroir in a standalone bottling. In 2014 we sourced fruit from
two disparate sites – Lazy River Vineyard (Yamhill-Carlton AVA) and Overlook Vineyard (Dundee Hills AVA). In this spirit, clonal selection is equally
broad and inclusive - Pommard, Wadenswil, Dijon 114, Dijon 115, Dijon 667, and Dijon 777.
- The Lazy River portion contributes elegance, black fruit and savory notes; the Overlook portion gives us forward red berry flavors and palate weight.
- This is very much a hands-on project, and all of our staff can be found getting dirty at harvest, from accounting, to operations, to sales!
- Even in the warmest vintages, we like that Oregon is known as the most similar growing region in the USA to Burgundy. Thus, our wines will grow and
develop in the bottle for many years and will always be wines made to enjoy with food.
Vintage: 2014 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Origin: Oregon, USA | Appellation: Willamette Valley
Elaboration: Hand harvested grapes, fermented in open top bins, manually punched down two to three times daily, and aged 12 months
in new, 1st and 2nd use French oak barrels. Minimal intervention, no tartaric acid or sugar added. Sustainably farmed and live certified.
Winemaker: Kirk Ermisch
"Warm and fruity from the moment you pull the cork, this ripe round satisfying wine matches raspberry and cherry fruit to vivid streaks of orange and grapefruit.
Then it glides across the palate and on into a smooth rich finish, cloaked in milk chocolate. It's a lovely drink-now bottle. "
Production: 550 cases | Alcohol: 14.2% | TA: 6.7g/l | Residual Sugar: <0.1 g/l |
Press & Points
2014 - 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2014 - Double Gold, Oregon Wine Experience 2016
2014 - 91 Points, Wine Spectator
2013 - 90 Points, Wine Spectator
2012 - 91 Points, Wine Spectator
2012 - 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2011 - 93 Points, Editor's Choice, Wine Enthusiast
2011 - 90 Points, Wine Advocate #209
2010 - 92 Points, Editor's Choice, Wine Enthusiast
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine