- One of Catalonia's emerging superstars, Alfredo Arribas was a nationally renowned architect before shifting his focus to farming and winemaking fifteen
years ago, and is known for making some of the most elegant wines in Priorat and Montsant - Wines that are massive in terms of flavor and complexity,
but diminutive in terms of alcohol levels and extraction…The opposite of the over ripe, over wooded Priorats of old.
- Alfredo Arribas’ estate is composed of about 150 acres in Priorat and 50 acres in southern Montsant, many of these vines are on original rootstock
and pushing 100 years in age.
- Farming is organic/biodynamic, elevage is similarly natural, with native yeast, short macerations, minimal S02, and a “less is more” ethos.
About the Wine
- The goal with Gotes, (which means "droplets" in Catalan) is freshness. Organically farmed grapes are picked and fermented to show the minerality of
the site and the fresher fruit profile of the wine. Thus, the wine has good natural acidity, which makes it ideal for hearty foods and cellaring.
- Sourced from North and Northwest facing hillsides, which results in lower brix at harvest and a more elegant overall profile.
Vintage: 2014 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 50% Carignan / 50% Grenache
Origin: Spain | Appellation: Montsant
Elaboration: Chalky clay soils from several distinct estate old-vine vineyards with eastern and southeastern exposures. Hand
picked from end of Oct. beginning of Nov. Organically farmed Grapes harvested in perfect health and maturation. Fermented in Stainless steel and barreled
for 8 months in French oak.
Winemaker: Alfredo Arribas
Cherry color with a garnet border. Aromas of fresh red fruit, with mineral notes and spices. Long in the mouth with great balance and a touch of balsamic.
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 6.1 g/l | Residual Sugar: <2 g/l
| pH: 3.28
Press & Points
2013 - 91 Points Wine & Spirits
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine