2017 San Pedro de Yacochuya Torrontés
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- In 1988, Dany and Michel Rolland were asked to be consultants to one of the oldest families in the valley of Calchaquie, the Etcharts. There they discovered Cafayate, a true paradise for viticulture in the north-west of Argentina. They fell in love with the country, its culture, traditions and its people. It was a ‘coup de coeur’!
- Cafayate is an extremely beautiful region situated several hundred kilometers to the south of the Tropic of Capricorn, at 6560 feet altitude with a very distinctive climate of hot days and cool nights.
- The name is highly unusual – and very un-French! Translating literally to ”clear water” in the Quechua language, it references the precious river adjacent to the vineyard.
ABOUT THE WINE
- A joint venture between Michel Rolland and members of the Etchart family.
- This wine comes from Yacochuya in the Pre-Andean foothills near Salta, situated at 6,676 feet above sea level, one of the highest viticultural regions in the world.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Torrontés
Varietal: 100% Torrontés
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Cafayate Valley, Salta
Winemaker: Marcos Etchart (Cafayate, Salta, Argentina) & Michel Rolland (Pomerol, Bordeaux, France
This wine delivers all the richness of terroir. It is fresh, dry, intense, balanced with fruity and floral aromas. Notes of pear, green apple and peach grace the palate with elegant minerality and refreshing citrus.
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.2%
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 90 Points, Tim Atkin
2016 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate
2016 – 91 Points, Tim Atkin
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock