Riccitelli Vino de Finca Bonarda 2016
- Matías Riccitelli started his boutique winery in 2009, located in Las Compuertas at 1100 meters above sea level. It is the highest area of Lujan de Cuyo, and here he tends 20 hectares of ungrafted old vineyards. Matías also works with small, independent growers that own their lands at the bottom of the Andes halfway between 1000 and 1700 meters above sea level – in Gualtallary, Chacayes, Altamira and La Carrera.
- All harvests are conducted by hand and fermentation takes place in small concrete vats and concrete eggs. Purity and delicacy in winemaking are prized by Matías and great care is taken in preserving the fruit’s singularity in order to obtain vibrant wines.
- There are several projects under the Riccitelli name. Almost all are single vineyard driven, showcasing special heirloom vineyards, unique terroir and micro climates found in Mendoza and Patagonia.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Ungrafted vines planted in 1905. Finca Juan Ceschin.
- Old vines yield only .6 tons an acre.
- Loam/clay soils with alluvial, stony subsoil.
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Bonarda
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Vistalba
Elaboration: Hand harvested and organically farmed. 30% whole cluster, 70% destemmed. Delivered via gravity to square concrete vessels for fermentation with indigenous yeast. Held on its skins until the cap sinks into the wine. It is then drained and gently pressed off into French oak barrels for 16 months. Potential aging: At least 10 years.
Winemaker: Matias Riccitelli
Deep violet color. Presents fruity, herbal and minty aromas. Full bodied and fresh with long, juicy finish.
Production: 200 cases | Alcohol: 14% | TA: 6.2 g/l | RS: 1.8 g/l | pH: 3.6
PRESS & POINTS
2016 – 90 Points, Tim Atkin
2016 – 91 Points, Wine Advocate
2016 – 93 Points, Patricio Tapia
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.