Portal del Priorat 2016 Gotes Blanques
- One of Catalonia’s emerging superstars, Alfredo Arribas was a nationally renowned architect before shifting his focus to farming and winemaking fifteen years ago, and is known for making some of the most elegant wines in Priorat and Montsant – Wines that are massive in terms of flavor and complexity, but diminutive in terms of alcohol levels and extraction…The opposite of the over ripe, over wooded Priorats of old.
- Alfredo Arribas’ estate is composed of about 150 acres in Priorat and 50 acres in Southern Montsant, many of these vines are on original rootstock and pushing 100 years in age.
- Farming is organic/biodynamic, elevage is similarly natural, with native yeast, short macerations, minimal S02, and a “less is more” ethos.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Gotes translates to “droplets” in Catalan, and as you would expect, like droplets, these wines are all about freshness – Without doubt some of the purest, liveliest wines you’ll find in Priorat and Montsant.
- From high vineyards located between Cornudella and La Morera del Montsant. Organically farmed. Slate and limestone soils.
- Soils here are a mix of slate and limestone.
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 100% White Grenache
Origin: Spain | Appellation: Montsant
Elaboration: Hand picked then fermented in stainless steel and aged on its lees for 5 months.
Winemaker: Alfredo Arribas
“Stony white-fruit aromas are made more complex by a distinct note of lees. This Garnacha Blanca feels tangy and citric, with a medium-full body and layering that breeds complexity. Flavors of orange and tangerine finish fresh and firm.” – Wine Enthusiast
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.0% | TA: 6.1 g/l | Residual Sugar: | pH: 3.1
PRESS & POINTS
2016 – 90 Points, Wine Advocate
2015 – 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2014 – 91 Points, Wine & Spirits
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.