La Loyane 2018 Côtes du Rhône Vin Blanc
- Domaine La Loyane is a name you will start to hear regularly in discussions of noteworthy wine from the Southern Rhone.
- Romain Dubois started his winemaking career on the property at the age of fifteen under the advisement of his father, from whom he has inherited 75 acres of mostly old vine parcels in Lirac and Tavel. When you look at Romain it is hard to believe that he just completed his twentieth vintage – This is someone with experience and knowledge of the region’s terroir that belies his young age of 35 years.
- Laure Dubois, Romain’s charismatic and engaging wife, worked as a chef in nearby Chateauneuf-du-Pape prior to the birth of their two children, and she is now responsible for all of the vineyard work at the Domaine.
- Farming is organic, and most fermentation and aging takes place in steel tank. A portion of each wine is raised in their collection of ten used 600 liter barrels.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Organic farming practices in the vineyard
- Fruit is harvested from 20-year-old vines and hails from a vineyard site of mixed composition: clay, limestone and round-pebbles
- This blend is a classic example of Southern Rhône style: floral aromatics and fresh stone fruit
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 40% Roussane, 40% Viognier, 20% Grenache
Origin: France | Appellation: Protégée
Elaboration: Fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats. Aging in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats. Regular Bâtonnage.
Winemaker: Romain Dubois
Green and gold color with brilliant reflections. The nose is aromatic with light aromas of white flowers, lemon flower and hints of peach. The palate is round with structured body and notes of lemon blossom, exotic fruit followed by a long, persistence finish.
Production: | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: | Residual Sugar: | pH:
PRESS & POINTS
Not Yet Rated
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
Out of stock